How are we doing?
We take all complaints we receive seriously and use them to improve the services we offer to our customers. If you feel that you need to make a complaint, all the information you need is below.
If you feel that you need to make a complaint, simply follow the instructions below and we will work to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible.
1. Contact our Customer Services team by calling 0800 6444 451. If an advisor is not able to resolve your query, you can ask for it to be escalated to a specialist or team leader.
2. If they are not able to resolve your complaint, it will be passed to a manager who will aim to resolve your complaint in a maximum of 10 working days
3. If your complaint is still not resolved, it will be passed to our Complaints Team who will carry out an independent review and aim to come to a resolution within a maximum of 25 working days
If you are unable to contact us by telephone, you can email [email protected] Please ensure you include your address and account number on any emails you send to us.
If after 8 weeks your complaint remains unresolved, you can contact the Ombudsman Service: Energy on 0330 440 1624 or http://www.os-energy.org. This is a free and independent service whose decisions we must abide by.
The Ombudsman's service is impartial and free of charge; however, the Ombudsman can only accept your case if:
• It is regarding gas and electricity bills.
• The problems which arise are a result of switching energy supplier.
• There is an issue with the way an energy product or service has been sold to you (including door step sales).
• The case relates to the supply of energy to your home (e.g. when you experience a power cut).
• The case relates to micro generation and Feed-In Tariffs (FITs).
Ombudsman Services will investigate your case thoroughly and propose a way to resolve the situation. If you accept the proposal – which might be for GB Energy Supply to apologise, take remedial action or pay compensation – we are bound by this decision.
To see how we are doing on responding to customer complaints please visit our Complaints Performance page